Foods to naturally increase your testosterone levels
We’ve all heard the testosterone commercials where you see the guy riding around on motorcycle all happy and such. You then hear all the wonderful stuff the supplement can help those interested in it with. But then you see more wonderful brainwashing scenes of happiness while they outline the potential risks.
I shake my head every time I watch these commercials and think “would I even dare think about taking one of these supplements, is the reward greater than the risk?”
So this lead me to find natural ways of boosting my testosterone levels through food. Here are some of the foods that can help you boost your testosterone levels naturally without the possibility of major complications.
- Eggs: Eggs are excellent because they’re high in vitamin B5 and B6. These vitamins are key to helping boosts your efforts because they help both stress and hormone levels within the body. Therefore this helps to maintain and boost up levels of testosterone within the body.
- Avocados– Once again this food is high in both Vitamin B5 and B6 and is also high in folic acid. Folic acid is great for sustaining a high metabolic rate and the vitamins are great for hormone and stress levels as discussed with eggs.
- Chicken and Red Meat: You have be careful with this one since red meat and some chicken aren’t the best for you. Only eat these once in a while and not every day. Both are high in zinc and both are a strong testosterone promoter. Zinc has been found to increase testosterone levels and help maintain muscle mass.
- Oysters: Oysters have an amazingly high amount of zinc, which as stated before has been found to increase testosterone levels and help maintain and boost muscle mass. This makes Oysters an excellent source food for helping to naturally boost your testosterone levels.
- Vegetables: By eating things like broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, radishes and cabbage, you can help to reduce estrogen levels which thereby help to naturally increase testosterone levels within the body.
What if my testosterone levels get or are too high?
Don’t worry high levels of testosterone help to promote good health, especially for those of you who are or like to be sexually active. High testosterone levels help to promote a positive amount of energy, therefor you will be more energetic and happier than others with lose amounts of testosterone. If you’re actively training in the gym you will gain more muscle mass and be less tired than those with lower levels.
2 CHICKEN RECIPES THAT CAN HELP BOOST TESTOTERONE AND KEEP YOU THIN!
Tools you’ll need:
- 16 lean and organic chicken breasts
- Lemmon Pepper Spice
- Sea Salt
- Cover your baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Set broiler on high, arranging rack so that the chicken will be about 2 inches from the heat.
- Rinse your chicken breasts and cut off any excess fat.
- Place chicken breasts side by side on baking sheets (8 per baking sheet).
- Sprinkle sea salt, to taste, on all chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle lots and lots of Lemmon Pepper spice on top of sea salt sprinkled chicken breasts J.
- Place chicken in oven and broil for 14 minutes.
- Carefully flip each chicken breast, repeat step 5-6 and continue to broil for another 14 minutes on the other side.
- You can eat right away (adding sriracha sauce and mixed veggies!), save the chicken on ziploc baggies, or cut the chicken into small cubes with your kitchen shears and save them for later. Possibilities are endless here!
Recipe Source: The Paleo cookbook
Paleo Chicken Strips in a Salad
- ½ c coconut flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 grinds fresh black pepper
- ¾ c shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 2/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- ? c extra-virgin coconut oil or butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
- Put both shredded coconuts in a bowl.
- Lightly beat an egg with the tbsp of oil.
- Dip chicken pieces in flour to coat evenly. Dip chicken into egg mixture and then coat with coconut mixture.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with melted coconut oil, butter, or margarine.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven or until chicken is browned and cooked through, turning once.
Recipe Source: The Paleo cookbook
HERE ARE SOME ARTICLES THAT CAN HELP YOU OUT
CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO I FOUND ON WAYS TO NATURALLY BOOST TESTOSTERONE!