RESTAURANT STYLE SHRIMP RECIPES, RUTH CRISS & RED LOBSTER
Here are 2 delicious, yet healthy seafood/shrimp recipes that many us enjoy at 2 popular restaurants Ruth Criss and Red Lobster, both of these recipes come out of the Metabolic Cookbook.
If you haven’t checked out the first 2 posts on 3 healthy shrimp recipes, check them out here….
What does METABOLISM have to do with your diet? Everything!!! The ingredients’ included in these recipes will help to BOOST your metabolism, furthermore helping you to burn off fat much easier. Now does this mean that you can eat AS MUCH as you want?
We must always practice eating in moderation, and anything in excess is bad for you, so keep that in mind. However, these recipes will allow you to good while helping you to maximize your weight loss efforts.
All the recipes come from the Metabolic Cookbook
Ruth's Chris New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp Recipe from Metabolic Cookbook:
· Makes 4 servings
- · 20 large (16/20) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- · 1 ounce canola oil
- · 1 tablespoon plus 5 teaspoons green onions, chopped
- · 2 ounces dry white wine
- · 1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- · 4 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- · 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- · 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- · 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- · 8 ounces (2 sticks) salted butter
Place a large cast iron skillet on a burner and heat over high heat. Add oil and cook shrimp until they are just done. It's best to prepare shrimp in batches if you do not have large skillet. Remove shrimp and set aside on a large platter.
Add green onions to the oil in the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add white wine and let simmer until it is reduced by half.
When the wine is reduced by half, add chopped garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco. cayenne pepper and paprika. Shake the pan well and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low.
Cut butter into small chunks with the knife and slowly add into pan, shaking fast to melt butter.
Continue to add butter and shake until all butter is melted. Add shrimp back to pan and toss well to coat shrimp with butter and seasonings and to heat the shrimp. Place shrimp on four plates and enjoy.
Recipe from Metabolic Cookbook
Red lobster shrimp scampi
- – 1 Lb. med. shrimp peeled & deveined
- – 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- – 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- – 1 1/2 c. Chardonnay white wine
- – 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- – 1 Tsp. Italian seasoning
- – 1/2 c softened coconut oil
- – 1 Tbsp. parsley
- – 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
– Using a skillet on med-high heat add olive oil and shrimp. Cook until tender and reduce heat. Remove shrimp and set aside. Add garlic and cook 2-3 min. Don't allow garlic to brown. Add white wine and lemon juice. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Add Italian seasoning. Reduce heat to low and add coconut oil. Add the shrimp back into the skillet. Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Add grated Parmesan cheese. Steve & Enjoy !!
Recipe from Metabolic Cookbook
WANT TO KNOW HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY?
I created a no nonsense, diet pill and shake free way to lose weight. I lost around 100 pounds through my process. Check out the series of posts, just some good advice for those of you looking to lose some added weight and gain some muscle!
BONUS VIDEO…. SHRIMP RECIPE!